Leader of The Wright Mommy and Me Classes
I was literally sitting here trying to think of a fun way to start this blog and impart our exciting news when I received this email:
I was wondering if you knew of a good "Daddy and me" type group that might be good for my husband. I wish he was getting all the good info and support that I have been getting :)
I'm not kidding; this just in! Thanks Anne! That about sums up what I've heard over and over in my classes. "I wish my husband/partner could hear this!"
We strive to bring high level, mindfulness oriented, research based information to our classes but only half of our parents are benefiting, at least until now. Our dads are just as hungry for this information and support!
Speaking of research, it's been documented that a large number of couples report decreased marital satisfaction after the birth of a baby. We also know that couples who communicate well and are able to negotiate ways to work together, have a much better chance of staying happy in their marriage. If moms and dads are discussing their experiences together in a supportive atmosphere, it can't help but make sense that they will be better teammates in this challenging new adventure.
We also know that when we have had a "Dads Day" in a Mommy and Me class, it's been an enormous success. Our dads love to see all the babies, sing silly songs and share stories and tips with other parents, just like moms do. There's every reason to invite Dads in, to tell them what really goes on in Mommy and Me, so that they too can, as Anne put it so well, "get all the good info and support that I've been getting."
Well, finally, the time has come. We are offering a Mommy and DADDY and Me Class at The Pump Station & Nurtury™!
Jane Rosen, PhD and Beth Weisman, MA who have extensive experience with moms, dads, babies and couples are very happy to be leading the class.
Mommy and Daddy and Me classes include but are not limited to:
- Guidance for sleeping and eating
- Developmental play
- Attachment and separation
- Optimizing your baby's capacities through your relationship
- Mindful parenting in challenging moments
- The science of praise
- Supportive friendships with other moms and dads
- Songs, movement, fun!
- Adjustment to parenthood
- Back to work/finding balance
- Partner issues/reconnecting after baby
- Preschool tips
- Potty training
Santa Monica: Dinora@PumpStation.com
Feel free to contact Dinora or Norma if you have any questions.
Be our Mommy & Me Friends with Benefits!
When you sign up for an 8-week session you get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Breastfeeding Support Groups for only $10 (reg $15)
- 10% off all merchandise purchases*
- Guidance and support from clinical therapists of health professionals with extensive background in early childhood development and parenting.
- The support and friendship of other moms who will be part of your world for years to come! You can't put a price on that!
© 2012 The Pump Station & Nurtury™