The Love/Avon Army of Women (AOW) is a unique program of the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation, a 501 (c) 3 non-profit breast cancer research organization. The program is funded through a grant from the Avon Foundation for Women. The AOW provides an opportunity for men and women to take part in breast cancer research studies aimed at determining the causes of breast cancer–and how to prevent it. The AOW is a groundbreaking initiative that connects breast cancer researchers via the internet with women who are willing to participate in a wide variety of research studies. The goal of the Army of Women is to recruit ONE MILLION MEN AND WOMEN of all ages and ethnicities, including breast cancer survivors and those who have never had breast cancer.
Join the Pump Station & Nurtury™ along with other men and women if the fight against breast cancer by becoming a part of the Army of Women! Here is what you need to know:
- Men are able to sign up for the Army of Women.
- You will be signing up to be added to the Army of Women database to hear about research projects—signing up for the Army of Women does NOT sign you up for a study yet.
- The Army of Women Research Studies are prevention based, not clinical trials.
- Participants must be 18 and older—but we need ALL ethnicities—ALL ages, we need healthy women, women with cancer and women who are survivors.
- Make sure that you emphasize that there is absolutely NO COST to join and take part in something this important—we are not asking for donations, just for women to sign up and agree to hear about studies. Participation in any of our studies is ALWAYS, COMPLETELY voluntary.
- Participants will be involved in important research to discover THE CAUSE of breast cancer—how to stop it before it starts.
- You will have the ability to participate only in those projects that interest you. You can opt to decline any study invitation, or accept any invitation of their choosing.
- Learn about the current open studies
- Type of commitment: Studies will require a variety of different things (you can be asked anything from filling out an online questionnaire to being asked for a blood sample). It all varies according to study.
- After signing up for AOW, recruit your friends and family by urging them to use the "invite a friend" link: https://www.armyofwomen.org/invitefriend
Get involved, for your mother, your sister, your friend and for you!